SIU Investigates Vehicle Injury in Brantford
Case Number: 12-OVI-060
Other News Releases Related to Case 12-OVI-060
Mississauga (22 February, 2012) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 22-year-old woman in Brantford yesterday afternoon.
The Brantford Police Service (BPS) contacted the SIU and reported the following:
• At approximately 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21, 2012, BPS officers were investigating a vehicle;
• Officers approached the vehicle that was parked in a lot at 325 West Street;
• The vehicle attempted to flee;
• While attempting to flee, the female passenger suffered injuries and was taken to Brantford General Hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
The SIU has assigned two investigators and one forensic investigator to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1957 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1957.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342