SIU Investigating Woman’s Fall from Ambulance Garage in Peterborough
Case Number: 20-OCI-027
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCI-027
- At approximately 11:45 a.m. on February 4, 2020, Peterborough Police Service (PPS) officers were dispatched to the Hunter Street bridge after receiving a call about a woman in distress standing on the bridge. Officers transported the woman to hospital.
- At approximately 2 p.m., PPS was notified that a woman was on the roof of the Peterborough Regional Health Centre ambulance garage.
- Officers were dispatched and attempted to communicate with the woman, who was identified as the individual on the bridge earlier that day. Shortly after, the woman fell from the roof to the ground below.
- She was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342