SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Toronto Collision Between Bus and Vehicle
Case Number: 20-PVI-072
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-PVI-072
- On the morning of April 4, 2020, an Ontario Provincial Police officer observed two vehicles traveling at high rates of speed westbound on highway 401, near Leslie Street.
- When one of the vehicles exited at the Bathurst Street exit, the officer followed. The vehicle proceeded west on Wilson Avenue and then north on Keele Street.
- In the area of Keele Street and Sheppard Avenue, the vehicle became involved in a collision with a TTC bus.
- Two occupants from the vehicle, a 23-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman, were ejected from the vehicle. They were taken to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342