SIU Investigating Multi-Vehicle Collision in Milton
Case Number: 20-OVI-227
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OVI-227
- At approximately 12:15 a.m. on September 13, 2020, Halton Regional Police Service officers responded to a break and enter at a business located at 188 Main Street East.
- Shortly after, officers located a vehicle – a Honda Fit – connected to the break and enter, and the officers followed the vehicle.
- In the area of Bronte Street South and Derry Road, the Fit became involved in a collision with two other vehicles – a pickup truck and a Toyota Venza.
- The 21-year-old male driver of the Fit was extricated from the vehicle and transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries. From the pickup truck, the 31-year-old female passenger and the 33-year-old male driver were also transported to hospital.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342