SIU Investigates North York Custody Death
Case Number: 10-TCD-074
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-TCD-074
* At approximately 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 5, officers stopped a vehicle on Steeles Ave. W. at Founders Rd.
* One of the vehicle's occupants, Mr. Manon, attempted to flee resulting in a short foot pursuit.
* Mr. Manon was transported to York Finch Hospital, where he was later pronounced deceased.
Five investigators and two forensic investigators are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-1957 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342