SIU Investigates Death of Male in London
Case Number: 13-OCD-085
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-OCD-085
Mississauga (4 April, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the death of a 45-year-old man in London yesterday.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 5:00 p.m. officers with the London Police Service responded to a residence on Culver Drive to deal with a male;
• At some point, the man sustained a gunshot wound;
• He was taken to Victoria Hospital, but later succumbed to his injuries.
The SIU has assigned five investigators and three forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident. A postmortem examination will take place this morning in London.
Anyone who may have information about this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2038 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 2038.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342