SIU Investigates Shooting on the Oneida First Nations Reserve
Case Number: 13-PFI-192
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-PFI-192
Mississauga (3 August, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding a police involved shooting on the Oneida First Nations Reserve near London at approximately 11:03 AM today.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• On August 2, 2013, a robbery occurred on the Oneida First Nations Reserve;
• Today, the OPP was still on the reserve investigating the robbery;
• The OPP received information that the accused was driving around with a loaded gun;
• At approximately 11:03 Am, OPP officers located the male and gun fire was exchanged; and
• The male was taken the hospital with gunshot wounds.
The SIU has assigned four investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1872 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1872.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342