SIU Investigating Vehicle Injury in Windsor
Case Number: 14-OVI-152
- On Thursday, July 10, 2014 at approximately 3:00 p.m. an on-duty officer with the Windsor Police Service (WPS), operating an unmarked police vehicle, was travelling eastbound on Tecumseh Road East.
- Near the intersection of Tecumseh Road East and Poisson Street the officer’s vehicle came into contact with the youth.
- She was examined at Metropolitan Hospital in Windsor where it was determined that she had suffered a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342