SIU Investigating Vehicle Injuries in Brampton
Case Number: 14-OVI-288
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-OVI-288
- At approximately 12:30 a.m., on Monday, December 22, 2014, Peel Regional Police (PRP) attempted to investigate a van in the area of Williams Parkway, Brampton.
- The driver of the van fled from the area.
- At the intersection of Williams Parkway and Highway 10, the van was involved in a collision with two vehicles.
- The female, who was the driver of one of the vehicles, suffered serious injuries and was transported to Brampton Civic Hospital and then to Sunnybrook Hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342