SIU Investigates Shooting in Scarborough
Case Number: 14-TFD-291
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-TFD-291
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- At approximately 12:16 a.m. officers with the Toronto Police Services (TPS) responded to a 911 call at the Warden Subway Station.
- Police arrived and located a man.
- There was an interaction between the police and the man resulting in the man being fatally shot.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800787-8529 extension 1957 or at 416-622-1957.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342