SIU Lays Charge against Toronto Police Service Officer
Case Number: 17-TVI-004
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TVI-004
- In the evening hours of Monday, January 9, 2017, TPS officers responded to the area of McCowan Road and Lawrence Avenue East.
- Police officers located a man riding a bicycle.
- A police cruiser driven by the subject officer collided with the man’s bicycle.
- The man was transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342