SIU Investigating Injury Sustained by Man in Windsor
Case Number: 17-OCI-305
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-305
- Shortly before midnight on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, Windsor Police Service officers came across a man who was wanted on several outstanding warrants.
- When the man fled on foot, the police officers chased him.
- They managed to catch up to the man and he was arrested in the backyard of a residence on Vanier Street.
- He was later transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a hand injury.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342