SIU Investigating after Vehicle Crashes into Concrete Pylon in King City
Case Number: 18-PVI-028
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PVI-028
- At approximately 10 p.m. on February 2, 2018, an Ontario Provincial Police officer was traveling west on King Road when he observed a vehicle traveling south on Spring Hill Drive. That vehicle turned left onto King Road and began traveling east in the westbound lanes.
- The officer made a U-turn and followed the vehicle in order to further investigate the driver.
- A short time later, the vehicle crashed into a concrete pylon on the north side of King Road, west of Dufferin Street.
- The driver was taken to hospital where she was diagnosed with multiple fractures.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342