SIU Investigating Halton Regional Police Service in Relation to Death of Man
Case Number: 18-OCD-050
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCD-050
- Shortly after midnight on February 21, 2018, Halton Regional Police Service officers received a call regarding a missing man, and as a result attended a school in Oakville located in the area of Bronte Road and Dundas Street West.
- The man was located in a portable on the school’s property. The Emergency Task Force arrived, and was able to breach the door.
- Upon entering, officers observed that the man required medical attention. He was taken to hospital by ambulance and placed in the Intensive Care Unit.
- At 6 p.m. that same day, the man was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342