SIU Investigating Man’s Death in Brampton
Case Number: 18-OCD-075
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCD-075
- At approximately 12:30 a.m. on Monday, March 12, 2018, Peel Regional Police officers responded to a medical assistance call at a residence in the McLaughlin Road and Queen Street West area.
- Upon arrival officers commenced CPR and naloxone was administered to the man.
- The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342