SIU Investigating Collision in Etobicoke
Case Number: 18-PVI-140
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PVI-140
- In the early morning hours of May 11, 2018, Ontario Provincial Police officers were operating a RIDE program in the area of Queen Street and Highway 410 in Brampton.
- At approximately 2 a.m., two officers were struck by a vehicle, and the vehicle fled the scene. Police followed.
- A short time later, the vehicle was involved in a single motor vehicle collision at Kipling Avenue and Steeles Avenue West.
- A 37-year-old man and a 25-year-old man, both occupants of the vehicle being investigated, were transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342