SIU Investigating Death of Man in Bolton
Case Number: 18-PCD-222
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PCD-222
- At approximately 1:45 p.m. on July 23, 2018, multiple calls were made to 911 regarding a man in a vehicle in a business parking lot near Landsbridge Street and Allan Drive.
- Ontario Provincial Police officers with the Caledon detachment were dispatched. They located the man and arrested him. Due to concern for the man’s health, the officers called EMS.
- EMS transported the man to hospital where he went vital signs absent.
- The man was pronounced dead at 4:29 p.m.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342