SIU Investigating Death of Woman in Zorra Township
Case Number: 18-PCD-227
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PCD-227
- On Friday, July 27, 2018, an Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officer with the Oxford detachment contacted the woman to ask her to turn herself in with respect to an ongoing investigation.
- As the woman had not turned herself in, an OPP officer went to her home at approximately 8:30 a.m. on July 29, 2018. There was no answer at the door, and the officer left.
- Shortly after, individuals who knew the woman found her deceased inside the home.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342