SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Mississauga Interaction
Case Number: 19-OCI-046
- At approximately 8:30 p.m. on February 28, 2019, Peel Regional Police officers responded to the area of Lakeshore Road West and Mississauga Road after receiving a call.
- Upon arrival, officers located a man behaving strangely across the street from the Chrysler dealership. Officers apprehended the man under the Mental Health Act, and EMS transported him to hospital.
- The man was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit, where he remains in serious condition.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342