SIU Investigating after Man in Cambridge Sustains Gunshot Wound
Case Number: 19-OCD-087
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-OCD-087
- At approximately 11 a.m. on April 27, 2019, Waterloo Regional Police Service received information that a person of interest was in a vehicle in a gas station parking lot located at 345 Franklin Boulevard in Cambridge. The Emergency Response Team was dispatched to conduct a high-risk takedown.
- At some point, the man drove his vehicle into a nearby wooded area.
- A short time later, officers located the man. He had sustained a gunshot wound.
- The man was transported to Cambridge Memorial Hospital by ambulance, and then airlifted to Hamilton General Hospital.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342