SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Man’s Arrest in Lindsay Recreation Complex Parking Lot
Case Number: 19-OCI-163
- On July 8, 2019, Kawartha Lakes Police Service received a call regarding a domestic incident. As a result, at approximately 4 p.m., officers were dispatched to the Lindsay Recreation Complex located at 133 Adelaide Street.
- In the rear parking lot of the facility, an officer became involved in an interaction with a 75-year-old man. The man was arrested and taken to the police station.
- He was later transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342