SIU Investigating Woman’s Fall from Ambulance Garage in Peterborough
Case Number: 20-OCI-027
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCI-027
- At approximately 11:45 a.m. on February 4, 2020, Peterborough Police Service (PPS) officers were dispatched to the Hunter Street bridge after receiving a call about a woman in distress standing on the bridge. Officers transported the woman to hospital.
- At approximately 2 p.m., PPS was notified that a woman was on the roof of the Peterborough Regional Health Centre ambulance garage.
- Officers were dispatched and attempted to communicate with the woman, who was identified as the individual on the bridge earlier that day. Shortly after, the woman fell from the roof to the ground below.
- She was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342