SIU Investigating Falling Injuries Sustained by Man in London
Case Number: 20-OCD-103
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-OCD-103
- At approximately 11:15 p.m. on May 5, 2020, London Police Service officers responded to an apartment building on Walnut Street after receiving a call regarding a person in distress.
- Officers made their way to an apartment unit on the 15th floor, and through a barricaded door, an officer attempted to communicate with a 26-year-old man.
- A short time later, the man fell from the unit’s balcony to the ground below. He was transported to hospital for treatment of life threatening injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342