SIU Investigating Collision in Strathroy-Caradoc
Case Number: 20-OVI-267
- At approximately 9:30 a.m. on October 14, 2020, an officer from the Strathroy-Caradoc Police Service attempted to stop the driver of an Audi S4 for a Highway Traffic Act violation.
- The Audi fled the scene and the officer followed.
- A short time later, the Audi – which had been traveling southbound on Christina Road – became involved in a collision with a Toyota Corolla which had been traveling westbound on Longwoods Road.
- The 59-year-old female driver of the Toyota sustained serious injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
- The driver of the Audi fled the scene on foot.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342