SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Kingston Arrest
Case Number: 20-OCI-235
- At approximately 4 a.m. on September 23, 2020, Kingston Police officers and Ontario Provincial Police officers were dispatched to a residence on Ford Street for a reported stabbing.
- Upon arriving, officers found a person of interest – a 33-year-old man – barricaded in a unit.
- After a standoff that lasted approximately 12 hours, the man was apprehended.
- He was taken to hospital where he remains in stable condition.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342