November 19, 2020 Update: SIU Investigation into Death of Woman in Toronto
Case Number: 20-TCD-284
Other News Releases Related to Case 20-TCD-284
- In the early stages of the investigation, one officer was designated as a witness officer and two were designated as subject officers. All three officers have since been interviewed.
- All materials requested by the SIU of the TPS have been received.
- The SIU is waiting for the results of toxicological analysis and the post-mortem report. The post-mortem took place on October 28, 2020, in Toronto.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342