SIU Appeals for Witnesses to Peel Region Injury
Case Number: 10-OCI-175
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OCI-175
* At approximately 6:30 p.m., officers were driving by the bus terminal at the Bramalea City Centre when they saw a security officer dealing with a man.
* The officers became involved and arrested the man.
* At some point during the interaction, he sustained injuries to his head.
* He was taken to Brampton Civic Hospital for treatment.
As a result of the injuries, the SIU has commenced an investigation. Anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Lead Investigator at 416-622-1925 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342