SIU Investigates Falling Death in Hamilton
Case Number: 10-OCD-028
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OCD-028
* At approximately 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, February 23, HPS officers attended an apartment building at 80 Robinson Street to execute a search and arrest warrant.
* A short time later, a man fell from an 8th floor balcony and subsequently died.
* Four investigators and two forensic investigators are investigating this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342