SIU Investigates Firearm Injury in Hamilton
Case Number: 10-OFI-204
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-OFI-204
- At approximately 1:15 p.m. on September 21, 2010, HPS officers responded to a residence on Cranbrook Drive.
- There was an interaction between officers and the man, and he fled the scene.
- Shortly after, officers caught up to him and there was an interaction. The man was shot one time and taken to hospital for treatment of a non-life threatening injury.
Six investigators and three forensic investigators from the SIU are investigating this incident. Anyone with information is being asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342