SIU Appeals for Witnesses to Scarborough Firearm Death
Case Number: 10-TFD-182
Other News Releases Related to Case 10-TFD-182
- Shortly after 3:00 p.m., Toronto Police Service officers began following a TTC bus traveling southbound on Victoria Park Avenue in Scarborough after receiving information.
- A short time later, officers pulled over the bus, and a male exited the bus.
- There was an interaction between him and the officers, and he was shot more than once.
- He was pronounced dead at hospital.
Seven investigators and four forensic investigators from the SIU are investigating this incident. The Lead Investigator is appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or who may have any information regarding any aspect of the above chain of events, to contact the Unit at 416-622-1886 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342