SIU Investigating Custody Injury in Oshawa
Case Number: 10-OCI-228
- At approximately 7:00 a.m. October 24, 2010, officers of the Durham Regional Police Service (DRPS) went to an address on Gibb Street to execute a search warrant.
- During the police investigation an 18-year-old male suffered non-life threatening injuries. He was taken to Lakeridge Health Science in Oshawa and later transferred to Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342