SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Mississauga Collision
Case Number: 22-TVI-109
- On the evening of April 12, 2022, Toronto Police Service officers responded to the area of Aukland Road and Dundas Street West after receiving a report of a man on foot causing a disturbance in traffic.
- Officers located the male, who had by this time entered a vehicle. As the officers followed the vehicle, the driver became involved in multiple collisions. He was eventually apprehended.
- As a result of one of the collisions in the area of Queensway East and Dixie Road, a man waiting at the intersection in a vehicle sustained a serious injury. He was taken to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES