SIU Investigating Fatal Collision in Oro Station
Case Number: 22-PVD-114
- At approximately 4 a.m. on April 19, 2022, a break-and-enter in Huntsville resulted in provincial police efforts to locate two individuals of interest.
- In the area of 7 Line North and Sideroad 15 & 16 West, police officers were able to stop the individuals who were in a vehicle.
- Officers arrested one of the occupants, but the other entered a police vehicle and drove away.
- Shortly after 6 a.m., on Sideroad 15 & 16 West, just west of 7 Line North, the vehicle rolled over. The driver of this vehicle was transported to hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES