SIU Investigates Shooting Death in Scarborough
Case Number: 13-TFD-130
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-TFD-130
Preliminary information indicates the following:
- Sometime before 6:00 p.m. on June 8, 2013, officers with the Toronto Police Service responded to the area of Adanac Drive in Scarborough;
- As a result of an ensuing interaction between police and the man who had a knife, the man sustained gunshot wounds. He was rushed to Sunnybrook Hospital but was pronounced deceased.
The SIU has assigned five investigators and three forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2150 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 2150.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342