SIU Investigates Shooting in Scarborough
Case Number: 14-TFD-291
Other News Releases Related to Case 14-TFD-291
Ontario's Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the shooting of a man early this morning in Scarborough.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
· At approximately 12:16 a.m. officers with the Toronto Police Services (TPS) responded to a 911 call at the Warden Subway Station.
· Police arrived and located a man.
· There was an interaction between the police and the man resulting in the man being fatally shot.
The SIU has assigned eight investigators and three forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of the incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-800787-8529 extension 1957 or at 416-622-1957.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Lenard Shaw, Lenard.B.Shaw@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342