Vision, Mission and Values
The essence of the SIU is our conviction and belief in our role demonstrated by all.
- We are always striving for understanding of SIU by community and law enforcement throughout Ontario;
- We strive for stability through shared leadership and individual empowerment in a continually changing environment;
- We believe in open, respectful communication in all directions to promote common understanding;
- We inspire excellence through teamwork;
- We invest where it matters: in our talent, tools and training;
- We are committed to being a great place to work.
- We are a skilled team of civilians dedicated to serving Ontario’s diverse communities.
- We conduct thorough and unbiased investigations where someone is the subject of a firearm discharge, is seriously injured, alleges sexual assault, or dies during an encounter with law enforcement agencies, including police, the Legislative Protective Service and the Niagara Parks Commission.
- Our independence in seeking and assessing all the evidence ensures law enforcement accountability, inspiring the confidence of all in the work of SIU.