SIU Investigates Death of Two Males
Case Number: 12-OCD-172
Other News Releases Related to Case 12-OCD-172
Mississauga (16 June, 2012) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the death of two males in Hamilton today.
The Hamilton Police Service (HPS) reported the following information to the SIU:
• At approximately 5:30 am on June 16, 2012, an off duty HPS officer reported seeing two males on the Jolley Cut overpass and had some interaction with them;
• Shortly afterward, two males were found deceased on the roadway of the Clairmont Access beneath the Jolley Cut overpass.
Four investigators and two forensic investigators are investigating this incident. Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the Unit at 416-622-0748 or 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jack Coruzzi, Jack.Coruzzi@ontario.ca
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342