SIU Investigates Shooting Death in Georgetown
Case Number: 12-OCD-298
Other News Releases Related to Case 12-OCD-298
Mississauga (15 October, 2012) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the death of 65-year-old David Allen in Georgetown this weekend.
The Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) contacted the SIU and reported the following:
• At approximately 2:15 p.m. on October 13, 2012, officers attended a residence at 27 Hillside Drive in Georgetown after receiving a 9-1-1 call saying that a female had been shot;
• Upon arrival at the home, officers set up a perimeter and attempted to communicate with Mr. Allen;
• A short time later, officers heard shots;
• After a period of silence, officers entered the residence and found Mr. Allen and 52-year-old Debra Allen deceased with gunshot wounds.
The SIU has assigned six investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances surrounding the death of Mr. Allen. His postmortem took place yesterday in Hamilton. The death of Debra Allen is being investigated by HRPS. At this time, one subject officer and 11 witness officers have been designated.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1898 or 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1898.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342