SIU Investigates Death in Norfolk County
Case Number: 12-PCD-352
Other News Releases Related to Case 12-PCD-352
Mississauga (4 December, 2012) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the death of a 40-year-old man in Norfolk County yesterday.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 10 a.m. on December 3, 2012, Ontario Provincial Police officers with the Norfolk County detachment responded to a residence on Windham East Quarterline Road East after receiving a call;
• Emergency Response Team and Tactical Response Unit officers also attended the scene;
• There was some verbal interaction with a man;
• At approximately 6:15 p.m., the man was found deceased, inside the residence, with a gunshot wound.
The SIU has assigned two investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone with information or who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-641-1872 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1872.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342