SIU Investigates Injuries in York Region
Case Number: 12-OVI-380
Other News Releases Related to Case 12-OVI-380
Mississauga (27 December, 2012) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding a collision this afternoon in York Region.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 4:15 p.m. on Thursday, December 27, 2012, two officers with the York Regional Police Service were traveling westbound in an unmarked vehicle on Mount Albert Road;
• A short time later, west of Woodbine Avenue, there was a collision between the police vehicle and a pickup truck;
• The two officers and the driver of the truck were taken to hospital for treatment.
The SIU has assigned four investigators, three forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone with information or who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1886.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342