SIU Investigates Motor Vehicle Injury in Guelph
Case Number: 13-OVI-013
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-OVI-013
Mississauga (18 January, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding a motor vehicle collision that injured a 53-year-old woman in Guelph on Thursday night.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 6:10 p.m. on Thursday, January 17, 2013, an officer with the Guelph Police Service was exiting the Guelph General Hospital on 115 Delhi Street when his cruiser struck a woman pedestrian.
• The woman sustained a non-life threatening injury and is being treated at the Guelph General Hospital.
The SIU has assigned three investigators and one forensic investigator to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1988 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1988.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342