SIU Investigates Motor Vehicle Injuries in Mississauga
Case Number: 13-OVI-036
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-OVI-036
Mississauga (7 February, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 20-year-old male in Mississauga early this morning.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 2:30 a.m. on Thursday, February 7, 2013, an officer with Peel Regional Police noticed a white Audi traveling east on Dundas Street at a high rate of speed. The Audi turned south onto Mississauga Road, and the cruiser followed the vehicle.
• Approximately 300 metres from the Dundas Street/Mississauga Street intersection, the Audi went off the roadway and was involved in a single motor vehicle collision.
• The driver of the vehicle had to be extricated, and was taken to Credit Valley Hospital for treatment of a non-life threatening head injury. A passenger in the civilian vehicle was also taken to hospital, but she did not sustain serious injuries.
The SIU has assigned three investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2038 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 2038.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342