SIU Investigates Motor Vehicle Injuries Near Perth
Case Number: 13-PVI-093
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-PVI-093
Mississauga (10 April, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding vehicle injuries sustained by three males near Perth early this morning.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 1:30 a.m. on Wednesday, April 10, 2013, an officer with the Ontario Provincial Police attempted to stop a vehicle in Perth.
• The vehicle failed to stop and later struck a hydro pole on County Road 10; approximately 10 km east of Perth.
• Three male occupants of the vehicle suffered injuries and have been transported to the Ottawa Hospital.
The SIU has assigned four investigators, three forensic investigators and an accident reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2038 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 2038.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342