SIU Appeals for Witnesses to Interaction between Man and Toronto Police Service Officers
Case Number: 13-TCI-118
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-TCI-118
Mississauga (10 May, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by 22-year-old Dylan Deziel in Toronto last week.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 1:30 p.m. on Thursday May 2, 2013, there was an interaction between Toronto Police Service officers and Mr. Deziel in Bellevue Square Park;
• As a result of that interaction, Mr. Deziel sustained a broken clavicle.
SIU investigators are interested in speaking with any member of the public who may have witnessed this interaction. Please call the SIU at 416-622-1965 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1965.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342