SIU Investigates Motor Vehicle Injuries in Brampton
Case Number: 13-OVI-121
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-OVI-121
(14 May, 2013) ---
Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained today in Brampton by two individuals - a 50-year-old and a 41-year-old.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• Around noon on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, a Peel Regional Police officer driving a marked cruiser was involved in a collision with a civilian vehicle at McLaughlin Road and Sandalwood Parkway West;
• Both occupants of the civilian vehicle sustained injuries. The 50-year-old driver was airlifted to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and the 41-year-old passenger was taken to Brampton Civic Hospital.
The SIU has assigned five investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1965 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1965.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342