SIU Investigating Shooting Injury in Ottawa
Case Number: 13-OFI-127
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-OFI-127
(4 June, 2013) ---
Ontario's Special Investigations Unit is probing the circumstances surrounding the shooting injuries sustained by a 20-year-old male this evening in Ottawa.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 6 p.m. on Tuesday, June 4, 2013, officers with the Ottawa Police Service responded to the area of Innes Road and Tenth Line Road after receiving numerous calls;
• There was an interaction between an officer and the 20-year-old male. The officer discharged his firearm, resulting in the man sustaining two gunshot wounds;
•The man was taken to the Ottawa Civic Hospital where he remains in stable condition.
The SIU has assigned four investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have information regarding this case is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-641-1872.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342