SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Collision in Strathroy
Case Number: 13-OVI-134
Mississauga (19 June, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is appealing for witnesses to a collision this weekend in Strathroy that resulted in serious injuries to a 38-year-old man.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• Around 1 a.m. on Sunday, June 16, 2013, a Strathroy-Caradoc Police officer in a marked cruiser attempted to stop a Honda Civic on Highway 402;
• A short time later, the Honda crashed while attempting to exit at Colonel Talbot Road;
• The driver of the Honda was taken to Victoria Hospital in London where he was treated for a broken ankle.
The SIU has assigned five investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-1988 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 1988.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342