SIU Investigates Motorcycle Injuries in London
Case Number: 13-OVI-145
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-OVI-145
Mississauga (26 June, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 25-year-old male in London last night.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• On June 25, 2013, at about 9:50p.m., an officer with the London Police Service (LPS) attempted to stop a motorcycle in the area of Wellington Road and Horton Street.
• The motorcycle did not stop, and fled the area.
• A short time later, the motorcycle was involved in a single vehicle collision on High Street near Wellington Road.
• The motorcycle driver sustained serious injuries and was transported to London Health Sciences Centre.
The SIU has assigned three investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2314 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 2314.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342