SIU Investigates Motor Vehicle Injury in Scarborough
Case Number: 13-PVI-173
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-PVI-173
Mississauga (23 July, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is probing the circumstances surrounding the injury sustained by a 23-year-old male in Scarborough last night.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 11:45 p.m. on Monday, July 22, 2013 an officer with the Ontario Provincial Police attempted to stop a motorcycle travelling southbound on Kennedy Road.
• At the intersection of Summer Drive and Kennedy Road the motorcycle was involved in a collision with a civilian vehicle.
• The driver of the motorcycle was taken to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center for treatment of his injuries.
The SIU has assigned three investigators, two forensic investigators and a collision reconstructionist to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 416-622-2314 or 1-800-787-8529 extension 2314.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342