SIU Investigates Weekend Motor Vehicle Injury in Brockville
Case Number: 13-OVI-207
Other News Releases Related to Case 13-OVI-207
Mississauga (20 August, 2013) --- Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is continuing to probe the circumstances surrounding the injuries sustained by a 37-year-old man in Brockville this past weekend.
Preliminary information indicates the following:
• At approximately 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, August 18, 2013, an officer with the Brockville Police Service was sitting in his parked police cruiser on Abbott Street when he noticed a motorcycle driving northbound;
• The officer proceeded the follow the motorcycle;
• The motorcycle driver then turned right onto Elm Street and entered a walking path;
• A short time later, in a construction zone, the officer located the motorcycle which had been involved in a single motor vehicle collision;
• The driver of the motorcycle was taken to Brockville Hospital and then to Kingston Hospital for treatment of head injuries.
The SIU has assigned two investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
Anyone who may have witnessed this incident is asked to contact the lead investigator at 1-888-305-1109.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342